What is Busworld?
- mother exhibition (Busworld Europe) started in 1971 in Kortrijk and moves to Brussels in 2019
- 46 years of international success and networking since then
- internationalisation of the Busworld exhibitions since 2001
- Busworld Southeast Asia is the 7th exhibition today
WHY BUSWORLD SOUTHEAST ASIA?
The relevance of an international specialized B2B event for bus and coach professionals in Southeast Asia is clear, when taking a look at the following market factors:
- Growing bus sales: in Indonesia alone a prognosis of 6,700 new vehicles in 2020 (2015: 6,100 new vehicles)
- Asia-Pacific bus market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.09% by 2022, on the back of growing population and urbanization in the region
- Development of tourism with double decker buses since 2016
- The current bus fleet is old and needs renewal. As regulation of Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia will regulate bus and coach age. The regulation of bus age is to a maximum of 25 years and tourism bus (coach) to 10 years. According to police records that there are over 500,000 units of bus in operation (on the road) and 35% of bus is over 20 years age. So Indonesia will need over 200,000 units of new bus to replace old buses.
- Indonesia has planned for procurement of 3,000 new buses to 34 provinces for BRT system until 2019. The procurement of 200 units of new bus will be opened by early 2019.
Indonesia is aiming to 20 million visitors by the end of 2019. There have 10 new destinations ready now. In order to serve the number of visitors, the travel companies are predicting to add 5,000 new coaches until 2019.
- Due to traffic congestion by cars, the government is continuously improving the public transport system with for example a Bus Rapid Transit system in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Solo and many Province in Indonesia